When you are gluten-free, nearly every bakery is your body’s worst enemy. However, your own kitchen means you can indulge yourself in all the deliciousness that you can handle. These five gluten free dessert recipe will get you the envy of everyone who is within the radius of your home and will satisfy your deepest cravings for sweets. In a good way.
1. Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Are you looking to indulge yourself with everything that the brownie goodness is without destroying your gut and your diet? Enter this double chocolate miracle. Instead of harmful ingredients and tons of refined sugars, this recipe uses ingredients like bananas and agave nectar to sweeten the deal. Also, this brownie recipe is soy free, gluten free, egg free and dairy free.
You will need:
- 2/3 cup (about 2 small 6 inch) mashed banana
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 73% cocoa dark vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 73% cocoa dark vegan chocolate chips for topping
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Lightly grease a square 8-by-8-inch baking pan.
- Sift together the cocoa powder, flours, baking powder, xanthan and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer (or use a mixing bowl and an electric beater or spoon)
- Gently heat on a low flame one cup of the chocolate chips and agave until just melted and then stir in vanilla.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined.
- Mix together mashed banana and apple sauce. Fold in this mixture into the chocolate batter.
- Fold in chopped dates.
- Spoon mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then sprinkle the extra 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the mix.
- Place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- The brownies are done when an inserted skewer comes out clean. Let cool at room temperature before serving.
Recipe from the HealthyBlenderRecipes.com
2. Gluten-Free White Chocolate, Coconut And Banana S’mores Bars Recipe
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 2 large bananas
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square tin with foil, then spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray or oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, vanilla, salt and egg whites. Stir in the chopped white chocolate and sugar.
- Press into the lined tin.
- Wrap the bananas in foil.
- Place the foil-wrapped bananas and the coconut base into the oven separately. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the coconut base is golden brown and the bananas are dark and starting to seep a bit.
- Immediately peel the bananas into a bowl and mash roughly with a fork.
- Spread the mashed banana over the coconut base and sprinkle on the chopped chocolate.
- Spread the chocolate evenly to cover the entire base and sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Turn your broiler on and put the oven rack on the top third of the oven. Place the pan under the broiler for less than one minute, just until the marshmallows are toasted. Watch them closely!
- Remove from the pan and peel away the foil. Cut s’mores bars into 12 or 16 squares. You could also make these s’mores over the barbecue by making the base in the oven ahead of time and roasting the remaining ingredients over the heat. Enjoy!
Recipe from FreePeople.com
3. Gluten Free Apple Tart Recipe
You will need:
- 2 cups millet flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (gluten free) apricot jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 preheat oven to 350 degrees
- in a food processor combine millet flour, almond flour and salt
- over a low flame heat coconut oil and maple syrup- stir to combine
- add coconut oil and maple syrup to flour and pulse until combined
- spread dough in a 9.5 inch oiled tart pan (preferably with a removable bottom, like this one!), press down and fill sides to form a crust
- pierce crust with a fork several times and bake for 15 minutes
- remove from oven and flatten crust with a fork- pressing down to make it as compact as possible
- peel and thinly (and evenly!) slice 4 apples and pile in pan. this is your opportunity to play a little with the apples and presentation- i went for a sort of apple flower shape. fun!
- combine maple syrup and lemon juice and brush over the apples
- sprinkle almonds on top and bake for 1 hour (possibly a little more or less, depending on your oven) until the apples are soft and slightly browned
- combine apricot jam and water in a small pan and heat on low until the preserves are thinned.
- remove from heat and add lemon juice, then our mixture through a strainer to remove any apricot chunks
- brush tart with glaze and serve (preferably warm!)
Recipe from ahouseinthehills.com
4. Gluten Free Nutella Chocolate Sandwiches Recipe
You will need:
- 3 extra-large egg whites, room temperature
- 220 grams powdered sugar, sifted (2 cups)
- 75 grams unsweetened cocoa, sifted (heaping ½ cup)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Frangelico (optional)
- 226 grams white chocolate bar, chopped (two 4 oz. bars)
- 100 grams Nutella Buckeyes at room temperature (1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a medium bowl stir together egg whites, sifted powdered sugar, sifted cocoa, salt, vanilla, and Frangelico (if using). Stir until mixture is fully combined, smooth and begins to thicken. It will take a few minutes and might look like it will never come together, but it will.
- Scoop by heaping tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheets – 12 to a baking sheet. Place in oven and turn temperature to 325 F. Bake 15-17 minutes until tops of cookies start to crackle. Cool completely on parchment and peel away once cold. If you try to remove the cookies before they are cold, they will fall apart. Cookies can be stored on a baking rack for a day or two before filling.
- In a double boiler melt white chocolate. Cool until bottom of the bowl can be touched with your hand. Add room temperature Nutella Buckeye. Whip with an electric mixer until the filling is light and fluffy. It will still be soft and somewhat warm.
- Match cookies together by size. Pipe or scoop filling onto center of flat side of one cookie and top with matching cookie. Press gently to push filling to edges. Place on baking rack and repeat until all cookies are filled. Place cookies in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until filling is set. Best served within two days.
Recipe from Glutenfreecanteen.com
5. Gluten Free Chocolate Chia Ice Cream Recipe
It’s summer, what better way to cool off then with some delicious ice cream? Did we mention its dairy free, egg free and gluten free? The ingredients are also completely natural and may in fact benefit your health instead of harming it. No need to hide from your cravings, feel free to indulge yourself a bit. You will need:
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 2/3 cup milk (2%, cashew, almond or coconut works well)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 oz unsweetened organic chocolate, melted
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- optional: chocolate curls, cacao nibs for serving
- Stir all the ingredients (except for the dates) together in a medium jug until completely combined. Stir in the dates then chill the mixture overnight (or for at least four hours).
- Pour the soaked mixture into a high powered blender and blitz until completely smooth. The mixture should be thick and creamy. Transfer the mixture back to the jug and chill until you’re ready to churn it.
- Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions. Transfer the churned mixture to a lidded container and freeze until firm enough to scoop. Serve with chocolate curls (created using a peeler on a bar of chocolate) and cacao nibs if you want!
Recipe from Topwithcinnamon.com
Looking for more awesomeness?
Join over 100,000 people who are getting awesome tips on how to eat healthier and live happier.