In modern days, pregnancy is fully conducted with synthetic medicines to ensure a safe childbirth by most physicians. Though synthetic medicines are proven to work for a safe pregnancy and childbirth, but there are still many who want to stick to nature’s boons. Yes! I am talking about all the natural ingredients and herbs, nature has bestowed upon us can be useful during pregnancy. Though we all should be aware that, it’s not wise to include any kind of herb in the diet without knowing about the effects of it properly. So, how will you know, which herb is beneficial and which one is not? Here’s a simple guide for you to 5 herbs, which have been proven to be safe during pregnancy.
1. Peppermint Leaf
Peppermint leaves, probably the most rated and favorite herb among pregnant women across the globe. The powerful fragrance of peppermint can make you feel better instantly. So how to take the best out of peppermint leaves?
- Many women suffer from morning sickness in the first trimester of their pregnancies. Peppermint is considered as the instant cure to feeling better during this symptom. After waking up, put some peppermint leaves in your mouth before brushing teeth.
- To get rid of bad breath (which may cause you to feel nauseous) before or after a meal, chew some peppermint leaves.
- Replace your milk tea habit with a refreshing cup of peppermint tea.
- If you use mouthwash regularly, you can replace chemical mouthwash with peppermint. Just boil a few peppermint leaves in water. Take some warm flavored water and gargle properly.
- Peppermint lemonade can make you feel refreshed instantly during pregnancy. It also works as a mood booster and reduces nausea problems.
There is no other herb exists in this world which can replace the flavor and immense benefits of ginger. During pregnancy, it works like a medicine for many women.
- Have you tried keeping ginger candies in your purse before? If no, then keep few candies in your purse from today. Whenever you feel a bit nauseous, suck a ginger candy to feel better instantly.
- Sticking to the same tea every morning can bring monotonous taste. Bring some twist in your breakfast by including ginger tea.
- The flavor and taste of ginger can work as an instant mood booster too. Have some grated ginger whenever you feel low.
3. Red Raspberry Leaf
This mineral enriched herb contributes in many ways during pregnancy. The minerals ensure a better and healthy pregnancy, while study says that this herb also tones the uterus for a safe and risk-free birth. The study also says that this herb can minimize the chances of complications during pregnancy and promote better circulation. As the leaf does not have a pleasant taste, consume this super herb by including it in your tea.
This red berry is packed with a hefty amount of vitamin C and minerals. Plus, this particular fruit is really useful to prevent UTI (Urinary Tract Infection), mostly occurs in women during pregnancy. The water retaining and hydrating properties are making this fruit ideal to consume during pregnancy. Besides, after consuming, this fruit creates an acidic atmosphere and prevents the growth of UTI-causing bacteria. A certain amount of cranberries or its juice can be intake during pregnancy, but over consumption can cause stomach upset problems.
Chamomile is a great stress buster. Many pregnant women suffer from sleeplessness, anxiety, and stress during pregnancy. If these problems are not addressed early, other serious and long term problems may arise. The best way to heal all these problems is chamomile. The ingredients of chamomile work as a mild sedative which promote better sleep and reduce stress. Include chamomile tea in your daily diet and ensure a good night sleep.
Looking for more awesomeness?
Join over 100,000 people who are getting awesome tips on how to eat healthier and live happier.