If you are looking for a healthy alternative to the regular waffle recipes. You have come to the right place. I’m about to share with you a 100% gluten-free, vegan, organic and dairy-free waffle recipe that has been passed down in my family for a few generations. The mix is super easy to make and anyone can do it. Most importantly it’s healthy, nutritious and delicious! Smells amazing too.
- 1 Tbsp organic Chia Seeds
- 4 oz organic Apple Sauce
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp organic coconut sugar
- 32 fl oz organic almond milk
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon organic baking powder
- 3 cups of organic all-purpose gluten-free unbleached flour
- 1 cup of coconut, quinoa or amaranth flour
- Add 2 tbsp of chia seeds into a cup and fill it to the 1/4 cup mark with water. Let them sit for a while (5 min or so)
- Once ready, add all the ingredients into a bowl, including the seeds and mix it until thick. You may need more flour if it isn’t thick enough. Feel free to do a test batch in the waffle maker.
- Waffle it up! You’re ready for the waffle maker.
- Eat plain, top it with organic jam, fruits or agave syrup.
- You can use any type of flour. Sometimes I like to mix several of them up together. Just make sure to use at least 75% of the basic flour.
- Quinoa Flour gives a tiny bit of a bitter taste. Kids may not like it.
- I’m using a combination of apple sauce, banana and coconut sugar, to decrease the amount of sugar I need. Feel free to use any one of these or improvise yourself.
- Cooking is an art. Don’t be afraid to mix it up and add new ingredients! Just make sure they are healthy and organic.
- Use a non-stick waffle maker, and you won’t need to use oil.
- Dairy Free
If you got recipes that you want to share, simply click the “share something” button or just e-mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Incoming search terms:
- organic waffles recipe
- organic waffle recipe
- how to make organic waffle mix